Recently, I came across Deuteronomy 32:39, which makes the profound statement, “There is no god besides me.”
The verse jumped out because it reminded me of an adventure my husband and I embarked on early in our marriage – we examined what we believed about God and why.
Our first question was, “How do we know that God – the one we were raised to love and respect – is the one, true God?” Verses such as the one above gave us an answer. The Bible is the only book that makes such claims about God.
Other questions that came up were:
* How do we know the Bible is trustworthy?
* Why did God choose Abraham and Isaac and Jacob?
* Why was animal sacrifice essential?
* Why did Jesus have to die?
* Is Jesus the only way to have a relationship with God?
* How can we be sure we’re going to heaven?
* How do we know the Rapture didn’t already happen?
So we searched the Bible for answers, and when we couldn’t find them, we asked our pastor. Today, we use Internet resources, too. It’s easy to look up a Bible verse or a keyword online.
Tip: Next time we hear something on Facebook or Twitter that raises a spiritual question, let’s look in the Bible to see what God says. From God’s mouth to our ears!
Posted on April 21, 2015