1. You laugh together (Taboo, Balderdash, Cranium, Mad Libs).
2. You get to know people face to face (Personal Preference).
3. You make friends with numbers (Dominoes, Yahtzee, cards).
4. Your vocabulary expands (Scrabble, Quiddler, Upwords, Balderdash, Probe).
5. Your knowledge increases (Trivial Pursuit, At Wits End).
6. Your spatial imagination develops (Blokus, 3-D Blokus, 3-D Puzzles, chess).
7. You have a good time without competing (crossword, jigsaw puzzles).
8. You exercise your brain, especially memory and logic.
9. You learn a lot about how real life works:
…..You win some, you lose some.
…..Some like to watch more than play.
…..You hardly ever get all the aces (Hearts, Anaconda, Whist).
…..Some people are faster than others (Dutch Blitz, Nertz, Take Two, Squabble).
…..Assets beget more assets, but that doesn’t guarantee you’ll end up at the top (Monopoly, Acquire, Risk).
…..Farming is a losing proposition (Farming Game).
…..Ups and downs are easier to take when experienced with friends.
10. You forget the pressures of life (homework, yard work, any kind of work) for an hour or two.